Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Boiled Alive

I was just about finished with the blog post when Dreamweaver program crashed and it all disappeared. One other day I lost a part of my post due to Internet problems, so blogger couldn't autosave it anymore. Well, today I lost more of my post than that other time, so from now on, I won't use any external programs to write blog posts, no matter how much simpler they might seem.

Today I had a very long day in lab and when I finally got home, I also had a lot of work on the computer. I decided I didn't want the entire day to be about that, so I got an idea!

I wish the luring soft steam would have been caught in picture

In the cold and pitch dark outside, there was something nice and warm - a hot tub by the pool. I once tried it during a moderately warm day and the water seemed REALLY HOT! So during a cold and dark evening after a long cool day, it should be perfect! Khmm, right?! ... WROOOONG!

I went outside with my swimming suite and easy-to-remove clothing and sandals. I dipped my toe in the water and I realized I had made a huge miscalculation in my theory! As it turns out, when you dip your freezing purple toes in "really uncomfortably hot" water, the water feels REALLY BLOODY BOILING! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org

So in stead I swam a couple of laps in the previously "uncomfortably cold" but now "really nice and warmer than air" pool and decided it was okay to go back inside.

No comments: