Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Twilight Zone

When I woke up in the morning and went to the living room, I saw the weirdies sight - one table leg had just fallen off. One of the cats must have ran against it, there's no other (earthly) explanation. I'm just glad the table didn't fall on the cat. That would have been bad. But I love how the other side of the table just disappears on the picture.

ZOMG! - table on 2 legs fades away

Maybe it has something to do with the WEIRDEST thing that happened yesterday - I was sitting here talking with my husband on Skype and listening to Christmas Carols on Internet radio. I wanted to check my email but apparently there was a problem with my cookies because it didn't redirect me straight into my Inbox folder. Then I decided to post my blog and the same thing happened - it just didn't connect. Now also other sites on the Internet. And let me remind you - I was talking on Skype as it happened and listening to Internet radio (in case you read "Christmas Carols" and it made you go "WHY WOULD YOU LISTEN TO THOSE?!" and then you forget all I said before that). And nothing helped - Internet was half-gone. My computer didn't even ping any websites. Fortunately it was back the next day.

Cold-cold-cold-cold! Brrrrr... Surely evil is at work here!

Clouds in Paradise

And definitely something worth mentioning - I have found real milk! Free Smiley Face Courtesy of www.FreeSmileys.org Sure it has A and D vitamin added, but it tastes like the real thing! I bought a gallon of it and I've been really drinking it - I mean cold and with nothing added. Other milk was good only for hot chocolate and even then it wasn't very good. I have also been buying all sorts of other products from the same company. When I looked around my food stock, this is what I could gather! I haven't been on the lookout for their products. They're just the best!

My new best friend

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! It looks like I can get some good Amtrak round trip deals to San Diego! When should I make a trip down before you go?

Also, let me know how long would be the right amount to stay. I might need to find someone to feed my cat...

Kris said...

Hey Rachel,
good thing you contacted. I was gonna talk to you about it yesterday but then I just forgot.

I'm leaving on the 22nd December, and during the weekend before that I need time to pack, clean the apartment and to just say good-buy to everything here. So basically any time until 19th of December is good.

And when is the best time to arrive - there are two options. You can come before this weekend and then stay as long as as you like. Another important thing here is that my roommate is leaving for home on the 15th of December, but that's Monday. During the week, I will spend time in the lab as well, but lately not the entire day. But maybe you should still come before that.

I would like to go to downtown San Diego with you and discover it properly. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey again!

Hmmm... Well, this weekend will be quite difficult as Saturday Meredith's student film is screening... I may be able to do Sunday-Wednesday or Monday-Wednesday depending on who I can find to feed my cat... I'll keep you posted!

Kris said...

Both sound like very good options. :) Good luck finding a cat-feeder. If you let that cat go hungry, she will kill you in your sleep when you get back. And that can be dangerous! :)