Monday, November 24, 2008

All Powerful

I woke up and found my husband lying in the bed and cuddling me. I asked, "Honey, what are... What?!". And he looked at me all calm and relaxed, "I wanted to surprise you and now here I am!". I got out of the bed, "but you have work! and you HATE flying! I don't get it. I don't BELIEVE it." And he stepped a little closer looking almost disappointed, "well you should believe it because I'm really here." I was really confused. How could he get climb into bed without me noticing? How did he even get into the apartment? Does he even know my address here?! He reached out his hand, "touch me, I'm REALLY here." I took his hand and it really felt real. And then I woke up again and I was alone in the room. I do miss him, but I wasn't sad it had been a dream - I was way more happy that I was sane and I knew my husband well enough to know what is true and what isn't.

Almost looks like a rain forest on a cloudy day.

Went to the lab as usual, although I didn't think much was going to happen there. The real big day marked in my calendar was tomorrow - that's when one girl will show me a very important cell isolation method. I sat down and got out my laptop when that girl walked in and told me that we can't use the plants that we were planning to use, but the other plants are too small now, so we will postpone the method learning to next week.

Then it hit me - I could go to Los Angeles early! I had planned to go on Wednesday evening or Thursday morning, but I hadn't figured out what train ticket to book. The train ticket costs $39, that's what I had managed to find out. However, this one German guy mentioned on the weekend that he'll be going to Los Angeles on Tuesday. He'll get a rental car and just spend one day there. We even talked about me not being able to travel to LA with him, because I have lab plans on Tuesday. But now I don't!

I called my friend in LA and she said it would be totally okay if I came on Tuesday already. Then I called the German guy and confirmed with him. And Tomorrow morning I shall be on my way to LA!

Ah, I love the evening sky!

I should also mention that I am an all powerful being! I went to my fave ATM to get money for LA. I put my card in, just like always, and the machine said, "please wait, terminal not functional at the moment." At first I got spooked! What?! no more money for LA? Do I have enough cash? Probably not. But then the text changed into "Please wait, ATM terminal computer is restarting" or something like that. And then the screen went white and weird text started running over the screen. Stuff like, "Initiating program ....., verifying data...." etc. I waited about five minutes until it was fully functional again and I got cash.

I should probably explain how that makes me all powerful. I bet you're all dying to see the connection here. Well, I am a master at making computers crash. They work just fine until I give an order, then impatiently give a different one, then a third one, that conflicts with the first one... "Oh okay! If you can't minimize, then close!". And as I keep slave-driving my computers, it rarely surprises me when programs stop responding and finally the computer crashes. Well, apparently I have gotten so amazingly good at making computers crash, that it's enough to walk to an ATM and put my card inside and then pull it out (like instruction says!). After so little effort even an ATM terminal will freak out and do a restart! That's how all powerful I am!

"Chriistina" - this must be the most incorrect spelling of Kristiina that I have ever seen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hihii, äge unenägu. Ja veel ägedam reaktsioon. Ning kirjeldasid piisavalt lahedalt, et mul oli alguses - WTF?!?

Ning see number seal all pildil peaks olema lauanumber.

Kris said...

Ma arvan, et see on tellimuse number. :p Tellisin kassast.

Aga jah, täielik WTF moment oli hommikul. :D