Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'm a club member now

You get regular smileys today - the website where I usually get them from seems to be out of order. I might replace with cute smiley pictures tomorrow if I'm in the mood.

Today has been quite a dizzy day for me. Somehow I woke up a bit later, it took longer for me to get ready and it took longer to get out of the apartment. However, I got quite a lot done. Mostly stuff that are needed in the lab in Estonia. The only thing I did with the San Diego lab today is - well... umm - I sat there! And uhm.... I ate lunch there! :D I scheduled something for tomorrow though, so I have my hopes up about that.

I thought many of you might find this image interesting:

Up to date gas prices in USA.

$2,8 per gallon is the same as 8.8 kroons per liter. Gas price in Estonia is about 16 kroons/liter - that is $5 per gallon. For a while it was more like 22 kroons/liter, which would be $7 per gallon, but fortunately the price went down. It's not like I own a car, but it's one of those topics in Estonia - Americans thinking that their gas prices are high and Estonians wishfully talk about times when gas price was less than 10 kroons per liter. You know what, I'm glad I don't own a car in Estonia! :-p (okay, I admit that might change as soon as I get my driver's licence).

These "flowers" look good enough to eat!

I bought a Blistex chap stick today! I took two different chap sticks with me from Estonia, but you see, I have two bags. So if one chap stick is in one bag and the other one is in the other bag, then there are no chap sticks left for my bedside! :-o That is horrible! Can you image, I might actually forget my chap stick at home one morning because I but it beside the bed in the evening. :) Well, this Blistex is special - it's Raspberry Lemonade Blast, so it's the kind I have never seen sold in Estonia. And trust me when I say - I know all the kinds the sell in Estonia! :D

I thought these were supposed to be red!

I was walking along one of those sunny little roads and something MOVED in the leaves and all that other stuff under the trees. Of course I was convinced it was a HUGE spider waiting for the perfect moment to ATTACK. So I stopped to look and there were these two little birdies jumping and looking for food. It took some tome to spot the birdies so I made a picture of one of them.

Find the bird in the picture. :-p

I also joined the Vons Club today, in other words, I got myself the discount card at Vons supermarket. Joining the club and membership are free, I get discounts and I got a cute silvery card to go with it. :) So far the best shop I've seen. I mean - they actually have milk and shampoo in the same store! :-o Like, WOW! :)

No comments: