Friday, November 28, 2008

Hollywood Day

We saw a lot of LA today. I've seen more LA during two days of sightseeing than I have seen of San Diego within my 2 whole weeks there. I have decided to make a tour of San Diego as well. I have to get a day pass and just see as much as I can. Won't be as easy without a guide, but I'm hoping to make it work somehow.

I like tall glass buildings. They look so neat and shiny. And they look really expensive. The house would collapse if builders didn't pay attention to details, so big houses always have the best quality windows and the most exact symmetry. It's not like new small houses that might as well be made out of cardboard (and often almost are!) and half the windows look glued on and a little crooked.

Nicer parts of down town LA are really worth seeing.

I keep seeing these wet floor signs everywhere, but the floor is never really wet. Like really. Those signs are never to be trusted. If you were actually looking for a wet floor, never use those things as indicators of how wet the floor is. Ok, one time there was a water fountain and wind splattered tjeand the floor was really wet, but it wasn't even the sort of stone that would get slippery when wet and the stone just got really dark when wet, so even then it was just stating the obvious.

Perhaps an USA interpretation of "wet floor".

My friend took me to this huge building and said that we have reached Hollywood now. Didn't seem all that familiar , but it had a good view of the Hollywood sign and a ton of tourists.

"Now this is Hollywood!" - "...but... I haven't seen it in any movies!"

Obviously today was just a really good day for making pictures, since I ended up with 85 new images on my camera!

Kid jumping in the water fountain.

Heh, according to the hand- and footprint thing, it would seem that I have the same size legs as Sylvester Stallone, but actually the cement shrinks over time, so the oldest movie stars had really tiny feet and hands.

One of the very few modern celebrities there.

And even the more regular stars on streets - I was surprised I only recognized like up to 10 names.

Streets are paved with these stars.

And that wasn't all today - we also got me a train ticket for Sunday to San Diego, we went eating to a sushi place (I ate cooked stuff) and we saw an indie gay zombie movie and I had lots of pop corn. And we visited many mexican shops with cool mexican jewellery.

AND, last but not least! I had a celebrity-sighting! I saw one of the Olsen twins in a movie theatre. She wasn't at the odd indie movie cinema. She was meeting up with friends at one huge movie theatre which looked really nice! No idea which Olsen twin and we (me and my friend Rachel) didn't stalk. Actally Rachel was the one who spotted her. We just discreetly confirmed it was her and then left.

No comments: