Saturday, November 22, 2008

Eeeek! So heavy?!

When I packed for my trip, I was commenting all the clothing, "ah, this will fit me another couple of weeks. This one should fit better toward the end of the trip" etc. I didn't take anything that was already quite tight. Some things I was pretty sad to leave behind. My pregnancy is 14 to 20 weeks during the trip, which is exactly when pregnancy really starts showing. Well, it has! My tummy is all round-looking already and I already have problems fitting into some clothing. I was absolutely convinced that some people would look at me and think, "OMG, such a waste. She has really taken up snacking and fast food in USA. Look how fat she's got!", so I haven't kept my pregnancy a secret at all. However, I actually HAVE taken up snacking and fast food here. I feel heavy and my stomach is so hard to pull in, but the rest of my body is still the same as before so the heaviness is just the pregnancy. I'm sure of it... I think, maybe... please be so!


Old and abandoned looking scale.

The girl who's room I've occupied has a scale. It looked like it would never work, but I decided to try nonetheless. So I tapped the scale and stepped on it, involuntarily holding my breath. I was about 64 kg in Estonia, and pounds are about twice that, so I should be like, roughly 120-130 pounds. I looked at the scale and it said 143.5 pounds. I mean, that's like 70 kg, right? That's HEAVY! I got my computer running and used a weight converter. As it turns out, 143.5 pounds is 65 kg, which is perfectly normal and pretty much exactly what I would expect with such a round tummy. Relieved!

Is that a tummy there?

Spent the friday night behind the computer doing programming. It got quite frustrating at one moment, because I had really weird bugs that no one else seemed to be complaining about. Eventually I was completely at a loss. I decided to do everything from scratch using someone else's recommended code. And suddenly it worked. I have no idea what was wrong before, but now it's all okay! Normally this would be a good time to take a celebrating glass of something sweet and alcoholic, sherry would be nice, but I guess hot chocolate will have to do!

Seems Estonians are not the only ones who add dish washing liquid to water fountains.

Don't think I don't have a life here. I have plans for Saturday AND Sunday evening. I went to lunch with the cool German group and they invited me to meet with them on the weekend. I also have ideas what I will do Saturday and Sunday during the day. I doubt I'll have much time to sit behind the computer, though. But I think I should have a lot to show you guys and very little time to write it, so probably it means picture-heavy posts for the weekend.

Pretty light show. I just stopped and stared for a minute.

No comments: