Sunday, November 9, 2008

I didn't mean to fall asleep

It was quite cold outside today. I was planning to swim in the pool, but it was 17 degrees Celsius, and really windy. I didn't even want to go outside today. Weather forecast says it will get better. I'm hopeful.

I woke up at 6 AM because my body thought that it was 4 PM. I was doing anything I could think of, anything that didn't require much thinking because I was still sleepy. I was reading my book and I was.... ummm... that's about all I could think of. I didn't feel like watching TV, but I also didn't feel like going outside. I was pacing back and forth in the apartment, trying to "think active". I exercised a little, that felt good, but my back was tired from other stuff so I started to read my book lying in my bed. After about 3 hours I fell asleep. I slept from 4 PM to 9 PM. Ah, it felt good, but I shouldn't have slept. How am I ever going to fall asleep again in the evening.

She was cutely brushing against me right after I woke up, but now she's all sleepy herself. Awww...

I found out my new phone DOES have vibrate function. And it sounds a lot better now that I turned down key volume and picked a new ring tone.

I've been desperately trying to buy a notebook, looking for a bookstore or an office supply store nearby. I saw everything else - markets, diners, banks, a pharmacy... Well today I talked with my friend from Los Angeles and she told me they usually sell notebooks as well as other household items in pharmacies. Notebooks in a pharmacy?! Ummmm... Why? But I guess it makes sense as pharmacy items - food supplements - are sold in grocery stores.

Weird, I'm feeling sleepy again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Like I also said in MSN - you have a nice, fluent writing (or more accurately, blogging) style, which makes it a pleasure to read. I'll definetely keep checking in on this (at least till you get back to Estonia). And do enjoy the pleasant climate to the fullest - you know what will wait for you back here. :)

Kris said...

:D lol. Yes - cold and horrid weather. :p I'll be back just in time for the coldest months. :) And thank you for the nice comments :)

houndie said...

Hei,
kas ma v6in ka eesti keeles kirjutada// or is English preferable?
It's just that it seems weird to not use Estonian with my sister.
(But before you give me the thumbs-up, I'll just deal with it, *grumble-grumble*, ;))
It's nice to hear you seem to be enjoying your stay so far.

I just hope homesickness doesn't kick in too soon!

Ole tugev!

Anonymous said...

Äh, tegelikult võime ikka ju eesti keeles kirjutada. Siis saavad väljamaalastest lugejad (kui neid üldse on, haha) mõistatada, et kas me kirjutame seosetuid tähekombinatsioone üksteise otsa või võiks sellel tekstil ka päriselt mingi mõte olla .. ;)

Aga tundub, et ma sõnasin selle kuuma ilma ära, 17 kraadi pole just palju rohkem kui siin :) (või ok, umbes kaheksa kraadi jagu siiski)

Kris said...

:) täna (st esmaspäeval) siiski oli õnneks soojem! Ja võime natuke eesti keeles ikka rääkida. :p Las nad jah imetlevad imelikke täpitähti.